Q1. What is Mobile Broadband?
A. Mobile Broadband (High Speed Packet Access) or more commonly called Mobile Broadband, is essentially a collection of mobile telephony protocols that allow for improved utilization of the radio bandwidth. You are able to download and browse on the internet at high speed.
Q2. How does Exetel provide Mobile Broadband?
A. Exetel provides a Mobile Broadband service via the Optus wholesale 3G mobile network. Exetel provides a USIM and/or USB STICK to provide you access to this.
1. How fast is Mobile Broadband?
A. There are too many variables including distance from the tower, number of concurrent users accessing a particular tower and obstructions between the user and the tower for any estimate of speed or quality that might be obtained in any particular location at any particular time.
2. Am I eligible? How can I check?
A. You can check the available Coverage Maps on the Mobile Broadband section of our website, or for a more accurate service qualification please call 1300 788 141 and one of our representatives will perform a detailed search based on your address.
3. When I check with Optus the service is available however it’s not seen as available with you. Could you explain why?
It's possible that they just made a mistake, we utilise the same qualification tool but make our own judgment when informing the customer whether or not there's adequate coverage.
4. If I am in a GPRS(2G) coverage area, will my service still work?
A. Your Mobile Broadband service will still work, however the speed of the service will be greatly affected to the point of dial-up like speeds.
5. Where is an Exetel mobile broadband service available?
A. Everywhere in Australia, except Tasmania.
1. How long does it take to receive my USM and/or USB stick?
A. Provided there are no impediments, the average time between submission and delivery is approximately 4 working days.
2. How long does it take to activate my Mobile Broadband service?
A. Once you have received your package, you can log into your personal Exetel Members Facilities to activate your service. New services take approximately 15 mins to activate.
3. My SIM/Modem has arrived but there is no sign of my Yagi Antenna?
A. The Yagi antennas are placed as a separate order, generally you will receive the YAGI 1-2 days after receiving your SIM/Modem.
4. Do you support with the installment of the Yagi antenna?
A. We do not support installment of the Yagi Antennas.
5. I placed an order for a service without ordering a modem. But now I wish to order a modem as well!
A. You have 2 options:
-Option 1contact Exetel to have the application withdrawn and resubmit another one which includes the modem
- Option 2, wait for the SIM only service to be activated and login to the member's facilities and make a purchase there.
6. I wish to change my Mobile Broadband plan but the Exetel Members Facilities do not allow for that. How can I change my plan?
A. The Exetel Member's Facilities does allow plan changes, and is the only way to change your plan. To change your plan, log into your Exetel Members Facilities, then on the left hand side menu click on “Mobile Broadband”, then “Change Plan”.
7. I applied for a plan change, when will it take effect?
A. Plan changes take effect on the 1st day of the following month.
1. Is the modem locked/ unlocked?
A. The modems Exetel sells are not locked to any network.
2. Can I use an Optus modem?
A. Yes an Optus Mobile Broadband modem can be used with an Exetel SIM.
3.Do your modems support 64 bit OS's?
A. Please check the hardware comparison table on the Exetel website - http://www.exetel.com.au/hspa-hardware-compare.php
1. My SIM card is locked how can I obtain the PUK code to unlock my Mobile Broadband SIM?
A. You will need to contact Exetel provisioning via e-mail email@example.com or call support on 1300 788 141 to retrieve your PUK code.
2. Can I use a different SIM card (unused or obtained from another provider) to activate my Mobile Broadband service?
A. This cannot be done, another provider's SIM cannot be used.
3. I lost my Mobile Broadband SIM, how can I obtain a replacement SIM card?
A. Contact Exetel provisioning on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 788 141 to advise.
4. Can I use my existing SIM?
1. I want to use Wireless Broadband on my handset? Will my handset work on it?
A. For Mobile Broadband compliant handsets you can visit www.gsmarena.com
2. Do Blackberry’s work with this service?
A. Please be advised although you will be able to make and receive calls as well as search the internet, the email function on the Blackberry will not work with this service.
3. How do I make/receive calls if I use my Mobile Broadband USIM in my handset?
A. Upon activation you will be given a mobile number to make and receive incoming calls and SMS. Outgoing calls at very competitive rates can also be made via Exetel’s MoIP Application, available to download here: http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-moip-overview.php.
4. Can I port my Mobile Broadband number to an Exetel mobile service?
A. Yes you can port Mobile Broadband numbers to Exetel mobile services, in order to do that you will need to place a mobile port application with us using your Mobile Broadband number.
5. I Applied for a mobile number porting, how long will it take for the porting?
A.- Porting from an Optus service to Exetel can take up to 24hrs.
- Porting from another carrier (Telstra, Vodafone etc) could take up to 45 minutes.
6. I Wish to port my Mobile Broadband number over to a different provider, how can I obtain my A/C number?
A. Please contact Exetel provisioning on email@example.com or call support on 1300 788 141.
7. How do I set up my Mobile Broadband sim for the Iphone?
A. Please contact Apple for these directions.
8. Can I send MMS on the Mobile Broadband Plans?
A. No, not at this stage.
9. I'm using MOIP on my mobile. Is there any way to have this active only when making calls?
A. While dependant on your mobile, you should go to your networking settings in your CSipSimple application (or any other SIP application) and set to outgoing only. Doing this should stop full registration and save battery life on your phone.
1. I keep getting error 619 how do I get that fixed?
A. This is normally due to incorrect APN being entered, please double check that the APN is set correctly.
2. The internet keeps dropping out, the light changes between blue and green. What should I do?
1. Test the service at a different location, another room etc. It's possible that the signal is just poor where the connection is being used
2. Try forcing the modem to connect at WCDMA only, this can be done via "tools" > "Options" > "Network" and select WCDMA only under "Network Type"
3. Contact Exetel support for further troubleshooting
Copyright © Exetel Pty Ltd 2013ABN 350 979 865 46